View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default I am really confused....

hey guys restoring my 1985 club car royal ride and I am stumped. Not an expert in these old resistor carts. They seem very simple but Im confused.

All of the wires going from the microswitch box to the 5 solenoids have been cut and crimped over the years it was messy. Today, I pulled open the microswitch box and put new wiring. In addition, 3 of the solenoids looked older than the other two so I put 3 new solenoids and used the two old but newer looking ones.

I reconnected the battery cables, put it in forward turned the key on and the cart takes off without me pressing on the gas. I quickly shut off the key and it stopped. The thing that has me stumped is that if I have it in gear, push down the gas pedal and then turn the key on, it doesn't move. The second I left off the pedal it takes off again.

Im sure I have it all wired correctly, I took pictures before I took it apart to reference.

Cart was working fine before ( I know if it ain't broke don't fix it but it was just so messy it was bothering me)

Any ideas? Thanks
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote