View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #14
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Insurance for South Florida LSV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Insurance availability and cost here in south Florida is absurd. The cost is higher for my street legal cart than the cost to insure my crazy fast Z06 corvette. The cost is predicated on the fact that no ins cos other than Allstate will write coverage, and they will only write the cart if you give them all your other vehicles. Anyone that tells you they pay $100 per year does not have ins for the street which needs to include PIP coverage as per Florida DMV. And yes my cart was produced completely street legal from the manufacture and included a MSO document. How can this Barbi Jeep that goes 24 mph be so impossible to insure? I was told by Statefarm, Geico, progressive, safeco, Foremost along with every other insurer that they do not cover. These are not golf carts but are and fall under the guidelines on LowSpeed electric vehicles. Crazy thing is that every time you speak to one of the companies sales reps you get an entirely different piece on information, sort of like speaking to Comcast :). If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Yep, it's true...
I know that this is an older Thread, just checking to see if anything's changed?

I just about had a coronary, reading the declarations page from Progressive

Liability Insurance (6 months) on my 2010 CC/P LSV at $110 is more than my Zo6 Corvette $69, or my F-250 $109

What are you folks paying for (LSV) Golf Cart Insurance?

What companies are you Insured with?

Any special circumstances??
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote