View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
CanuckCartNewbie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Brake Drum wear on 1978 EZGO

I bought a used 1978 EZGO electric cart and have fixed it up to a point were my kids are having a ball. I have replaced the brake lines, rear leaf springs, introduced my son to the wonders on "bondo", added lights, switch panel, greased up everything, etc, etc. I'll post a pic later if anyone is interested. Anyways, I noticed a rattle in the left driver's side rear wheel when coasting and thought maybe something was loose. I pulled the wheel off and all was ok but what I noted a few months ago is likely the cause of the problem and am now convinced that it is. For some reason, the brake drum is very worn where the 1/4" "key" is (see pic). So much so that even clever welding or McGyvering may be beyond reach. So I decided to look for a new or used brake drum (part #15125-G1) but it seems that this is pretty much impossible to find. I have checked local scrap yards as well and no luck. I can purchase new "splined" drums and other bits and drill new holes in the new drum to make something work but am hoping that someone out there may know where I can find a keyed brake drum (#15125-G1) for my 1978 EZGO cart. I'm up in Canada so pickings are slimmer here :-(

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake_drum_15125-G1.jpg (149.4 KB, 0 views)
CanuckCartNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote