View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Guidance needed for Madjax 6" lift install with heavy duty rear springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
I can double check to see if that is an issue but before I took off the stock springs I held up one of my aftermarket ones too it and got it lined up. That could be an issue, though, so I will double check. My problem is the brake line is too tight and I can't move the axle back far enough. Thanks for the heads up!
You're going to have two options.
1 - go the Tahoe dog route and reroute your lines by switching the orientation of the drum. This requires removing the axle shaft by removing the c clip that keeps the axle in at the bearing. This is NOT a left loosey type job. If you do not know what your doing you are going to struggle getting that clip out.
THAT SAID THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST WAY and it will prevent issues down the road.
2 - you are going to need to route the brake line UNDER a the leaf spring and LOOSEN THE BRAKE LINES A TON to create enough slack. This is if you do not opt for option 1. If you haven't loosened your brake lines, you're fighting up hill.
This should create enough slack to allow you to fit line into bracket and then connect pin to brakes.

You DO NOT need the 3" leaf spring extension mounts. Use the stock.

Lastly: IF you are using a "two bolt" lift where there are only two bolts to secure axle to leafs, there is a way to do it like Tahoe dog and I can tell you how.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote