View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart wont charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky3d View Post
Corrective Action, had all batteries checked.
Two were bad, the other 4 great.

Bought 2 more got my volts back up but not 48v but, 47.3v instead. I ran the cart without charging to 44.3v and then charged but only up to 44.8, will not go any higher than that. That is not good Bucky - that is only 30% charged with 47.3 vdc. 44.8vdc is less than <0%!

Frustrating to say the least. Never experienced this before use yo get that 50.2 volts with the 48v batteries. 50.93vdc is fully charged for a 48 volt system.

I am wondering what you said about a 42v charger, to they make them? Yes they do.

The cart runs great with the 44.8v but how long I don't know. Will this hurt my batteries?] If the readings are correct, it will qiuckly ruin the batteries with sulfation and over depleting the cells. That is not even hardly charging the batteries.... You are at 0% charge.
Take your digital volt meter (hand held) and place it on the pack (Main Positive post and Main Negative post) as it is charging. Do this 10 minutes after the next charge cycle begins and report back what is the reading you are getting? Next, take the individual battery readings for all of them and post what they are....

Battery Percentages.jpg
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote