View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Starting My Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnice View Post
Agreed on starting this thread with pics which is very helpful! I too have started an identical lithium conversion, using the exact same equipment. Awaiting delivery of Zeva products (agreed Ian was very helpful and prompt) and TC charger (which after emailing them, is a 2-3 week programming and shipping process from China). I will tell you, on the advice of some of the experienced guys here, if you haven't already, email the charger people when they are programming it and ask them to program it so it doesn't give an error message when run on 110VAC US outlets. Their US default is to run on either 110 or 220 but if you run 110 it gives an error even tho it works fine. It is purely an annoyance if it happens but can't be corrected. I will also post along my experience, etc as I go. I am also simultaneously upgrading the cart - 2000 Yamaha G16E - to 48V from the stock 36V.

One tip with the TC charger that came up with a local guy that ran into a speed bump. If they send it with the plug for the CAN pre wired, don’t pay attention to the wire colors and refer to the pin positions. My charger came with bare plugs that I assembled so I didn’t have this problem.

Also I’m jealous of the updated Zeva stuff and the fact they ditched the molex plugs. They were a PITA and probably doubled the time needed for all of the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote