View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
Gordo774
Not Yet Wild

Default Early 2000's TXT Maddening Issue

Hi All,

Brand new here, long time EZ GO golf cart owner. Had a '94 Marathon until last year and bought a TXT about 10 years ago, but it was used a few years.

The golf carts get used primarily at a cabin/property in well maintained trails through the 200 acres. That being said, I would not call these anywhere near golf course conditions and these are stock golf carts. Have always served us well.

Anyway, the TXT has been giving some issues for the past year, which many of us in the family have chalked up to the age of the batteries (7-8 years, used probably 30 days a year, sit on float charger rest of year, but in a non-heated garage).

Replaced the batteries (and wires to 4g from 6g we've always used) this year and all was fine! Ran all day no issues after replacement.... until the next day.

Took it off the charger as normal, all connections good, full voltage on all 6 batteries in parallel, put in the key, put it in forward and.... nothing. At all. Checked everything multiple times and had to get home so just put it back on the charger.

Fast forward 2 weeks. Back up at the cabin, put the key back in and nothing again. So I decide to think back on what worked when I replaced the batteries. Reseated all of the connections, etc, still no dice. So I flick the switch to tow mode and rock it back and forth a few times across the garage floor 15-20 ft. Put it back in run mode and decide to see if the "drift" warning was working (where it senses if your cart is drifting down a hill and beeps), to my surprise it didn't. So I decide to take a complete shot in the dark and push it forward and hit the gas before it comes to a halt and boom! It takes off no issue.

Wife and I use the cart for a few hours around the property. Come in for dinner. Go back out for a sunset ride and.... nothing again. At all. So I decided to try my "drift" trick again. This time the drift warning kicks in and beeps as it should, but no go no matter what I try.

It's currently sitting on the charger again, but I'm looking for any theories. Outside of checking to see if all the batteries are providing full voltage, we've never had any issues outside of replacing the batteries with the old 94 Marathon, and this one looks a bit more advanced.

Any theories?
Gordo774 is offline   Reply With Quote