View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
mizlplix
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default curtis controller fault code

Greetings: I have copied this from another forum with hope someone here has a suggestion.

I have just done a new install. Completely, a new car. installed the cells and powered up the system.

I am getting a 43 error code from the Curtis 1238-7601 controller.

I have pretty much checked everything in the controller against a known good set up sheet.

The controller is flashing red yellow yellow yellow yellow, red yellow yellow yellow. (43) "Pot 2 wiper signal high"

I went into the section and looked at the controller real-time values and Sure enough.... 6.24 Volts on pin 17.

Well, if I keep the brake enable shut off, Everything works well (except no regen of coarse)

I have wires from pin 17 and pin 21but there is nothing attached.

I tried all 5 types of throttle pot 2 settings, same thing.
I tried a 2 wire pot connected and all 5 settings, same thing.
I tried both wires connected together as one would expect for a signal from a 0-5K Ohm pot at rest, same thing there too.

It keeps merrily blinking that error code.

BTW: I am cycling the key switch after every parameter change to assure the controller is resetting positively.

I am not giving up and am still at it this morning.

I will keep checking this thread through the day in case someone has a brain storm.

Thanks, Miz