View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #16
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Club Car Assistance (48volt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Then you are not getting the 48v Pos (+). Listen at the V-glide/Potentiometer and see if you here it click when depressing the pedal. If so, check the voltage coming out of the micro-switch and see if you have it. If I remember correctly it is the Blue wire coming in from the key switch for supply voltage to the switch and then when the switch closes, the Green/White wire coming out the micro-switch should have pack voltage.

Edited for info:
Thanks a ton for all the help on this. I feel like I am getting somewhere... I just don’t know where yet :) My multimeter skills have gone from a 0 to a solid 1 or 2 out of 10 though!

So when I depress the pedal I do hear the Potentiometer click. It is more of a mechanical click than like an electrical solenoid kind of click though. So the blue wire had butt connectors on it as in the attached picture. I was able to pull pack voltage off of it.

I re-connected it after I was done testing it then found the green/white wire coming out of the Potentiometer. It also had a butt connector on it as pictured so I stuck the probe on it and was able to watch it get pack voltage when I pressed on the gas pedal.

I saw the wires hanging out of the end of the motor. What I am guessing you are referring to as the speed sensor. I have attached a picture of it. It is still connected. Should I disconnect it? When rebuilding this cart should we replace the second solenoid and hook it up correctly including the speed sensor? Or are we better off just removing the second solenoid from the cart and correctly bypassing the speed sensor?
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote