View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
bullitt5339
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 Melex Project

it will be running before the paint, definately. I'm waiting for my batteries to get here, so that I can troubleshoot why it doesn't go. I know the motor is good, we tested it out already. It was looked at by a professional, and he said it was the Curtis Speed Controller that was bad, so I'd have to take his word on that. He tested the 0-5k already, along with some other small parts with some borrowed power, so I know they're good. I've found rebuilt controllers for $175 here locally, so as soon as I have batteries, I'll be able to troubleshoot the controller.

I didn't mention that one of my best friends rebuilds golf carts for a living, so getting parts temporarily for troubleshooting will be no problem. Even getting some parts used will be easy, I just can't get a controller from him, since it's a high dollar part.

I'm basically just keeping myself busy and interested in the work until I can get to the real work on it. But I have confidence that between my metal fab skills, and my friend's golf cart rebuild knowledge, we can actually get this old beat up Melex looking and running like new for under a grand, which is still way under what I would have spent for a cart that's ready to ride.
bullitt5339 is offline   Reply With Quote