Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A Tale of Six Batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
JohnnieB
Can you add the charging frequencies to the post? Did you drive and then charge or sit idle and charge anyway. I would like to make a chart for charging my new 36V DCS setup?
I Charged the cart after each use, no matter how slight and once or twice, sometimes as many as four or five times, a day I'd unplug the charger's plug from cart and plug it back in, initiating a new charge cycle.

After the first couple months, I backed off to initiating a new charge to once or twice a week, but still charged after each use, and still do. I got a charger that float charged for winter storage, but still initiated a regular charge cycle every week or two.
It (the ProTech) died the next spring, so I got a DPI and that is what I've used since.

With little exception, either my cart is being driven or the batteries are on charge or float charge.
One of the exceptions is when I let the batteries sit for a day to get an accurate At-Rest voltage to check the SoC.
Another one is when I know I'll be taking the cart out again within an hour or so and feel too lazy to walk between the garage and house, so I park it by the back porch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote