View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 01:47 AM   #7
Jimme T
Getting Wild

Default Re: The wife’s g9 build begins

More parts came today. Was hoping for a nice quick install but of course it wasn’t. I got the parts from cpp. Their puller worked great. Then the spring seat was stuck. I tried prying it with a pry bar but was afraid of breaking something so I decided to tap 2 holes to 1/4-20 and make a puller. That worked but barely. Even with the impact on the puller it barely came off. After cleaning up the splines with a wire brush and greasing it lightly I was able to install the cpp power package. I’m not sure if it takes a little bit for the spring to brake in or what but my top speed went from 22.7 mph to 16.3mph. However take off and hill climbing ability is 100% better. I could barely make it up the hill behind my shop before the install and now it walks right up. Awesome package and worth every penny if you want more low speed power and better take off. Not sure what’s going on with my lift kit. I was supposed to have it before the weekend. When I got sent the tracking number it said it wouldn’t be here until Monday. I checked the tracking number again today and it says ups hasn’t even actually received the package yet so I may have to cancel that order and order something else. If I don’t have this thing up and going before Labor Day weekend I’m a dead man. Lol
Jimme T is offline   Reply With Quote