View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #10
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Re: My son's first bowhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter View Post
George,

I live in Conroe, about 195 miles south of Dallas off I-45. I hunt in Corrigan, Texas which is about 1 hour 30 minutes northeast from here.

You have to get your son-in-law out there and hunt. He will get hooked.
That's a haul from me. My deer lease is just South of Atlanta, TX up in the NE corner of the state, piney woods. I hunt hogs over towards Abilene. I only wish I had a 90 minute drive to hunting. I've got over 3 hours to either place.

Yea, we'll get him out there. My daughter has spent quite a bit of time overseas in Russia, Turkey and Europe. My son-in-law is from Africa, but raised in France. It'll be a whole new deal for him. Should be a good time. They're coming for Christmas, so his first hunt will probably be for deer.

I joined this forum because I bought a couple old golf carts to make a huntin buggy and the price was right. They're not a popular brands though (Melex), so I may have my work cut out. Your camo buggy looks great, is it electric or gas?

Keep those pictures coming if you get your son out there again. More people need to do what you're doing.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote