View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: getting ready to start 36v to 48v conv????

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Welcome to the forum!!!

I am in the process of the same conversion. I have a 1991 Club Car DS. I pulled out the V-glide and the resistor coils along with all the wiring. I fabbed up a mounting system for the PB-6 pot box (I will post picture in the next day or so for you), added an All Trax AXE 4865 650 amp programmable controller, Heavy Duty Curtis Allbright 400 amp solenoid as reccommended by All Trax, made all new custom 2 gauge welding cable battery cables, and re-wired the whole cart according to the All Trax diagram. I am currently running it on 36 volts until I can afford 6 new 8 volt batteries to go to 48 volt. I plan on a Jake's 6" spindle lift and 23" tires on 12" rims later, as well as a new D&D motor systems motor.

I purchased a 36/48 volt switchable charger from LVS Sales for around $250.00. If you would like I can give you the links to the parts places I used for the best prices. I did alto of research to find the lowest prices. I also have some very good links to wiring diagrams and info on this upgrade. this is my first cart build and it is going great. There are alto of very helpful people on this forum who can help you. They helped me alto and now I would like to pass along what I have learned. Let me know what you need and I will post it here for you.
Very Good advice , #2 grade welding cables is a bit overkill for normal service
, But why not if you have the cables.
The 650 Amp may also be overkill for now and the motor U have,
but when U upgrade to Plum Quick, D&D or EMP this thing should be awesome
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote