View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
full foot notch
Not Yet Wild

Default offered great deal on cart, do i take it??

Hey guys, new one here. I found this site while looking for a new project to work on, a lifted golf cart. Locally ive seen some lifted golf carts that look nice. Well locally I cannot find anything that is even close to what I want to do, so im wanting to build my own.

So thru the local university im at, im in the Student of Automotive Engineers club and one of the people in there apparently has a golf cart with a motorcycle engine in it. But, im not wanting to do a motorcycle engine setup.

Apparently it is an ez go from the mid 90s, it’s got the wide center light in the front of it, and this one is a 4 front 2 back 6 seater golf cart. The seats seem in good condition except for a dirt layer since this thing has been stored in a shed overhang here in FL.

They also apparently took one of the old baja competition cars and put the front suspension and rear suspension on this golf cart, so the front factory stuff no longer exists and the rear is a 2 link coil over conversion.

So here where the kicker comes in, he is willing to sell it to me for $300 for the rolling chassis setup, motor included. Now to me that price is pretty **** good. I was figuring on taking the motor out of the golf cart, and selling it and probably breaking even (it’s a 70s Kawasaki motor). and then 4 linking it and lifting it. My budget before tires and wheels is $1k including initial purchase. That means buying the cart and lifting it, pulling and selling the current motor is no problem as it is not fully installed currently (still needs wiring and radiator setup and chain and clutch and brake setup.

My only concerns that if I buy this setup, is what do I do about steering since the original steering setup is gone except for the steering column and wheel. And what do I do for a motor setup since it does not have the original motor cradle.

what would you do if you were in my shoes

thanks
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote