View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV chassis based road car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Where on the priority list is "performance", as in acceleration? Top speed requirements (or minimums) will partly be set by the governing authority who issues titles/registration.
There will be no title or registration requirement. This will have a registration exempt plate in place of a tag, referring to the pertinant exemption. This exemption declares that compliant vehicles are not legally defined as 'motor vehicles' under the law, and are exempt from motor vehicle regulation requirements. I will put in appropriate lighting and safety equipment, but that will be because I want it, not because it is regulated to be there. The appropriate regulation is in the 'mobility aid' exemption, so it only applies to drivers that are legally handicapped. I meet that requirement.

Factory 13" wheels with 22" outer diameter road tires from US Legend Cars will help increase the upper speed limit. Programming will take me the rest of the way. I have examined the pertinant regulations carefully, and unlike EV and NEV regulations, there are no minimum or maximum speed requirements. My other exempt vehicle that I built many years ago has a 35 MPH top end. My target for this vehicle is 45 MPH or more.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote