View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit installed, now brakes are hanging up? shocks question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWDunwoodie43 View Post
Yeah, I’m going too lift my 2008 Club Car - Precedent this weekend!

Went with All Sports 6” A-Arm lift and their Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs. Going too check out the shocks when I have it all apart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I saw in somebody elses thread that they should go ahead and order bushings, shocks, and possibly wheel bearings before they start their lift. To me, wheel bearings aren't impossible, I'll just do them when I need to. Not going to take the time and get covered in grease while I'm putting the lift on anyways. Maybe if I had it apart waiting on the lift but I didn't.

Bushings were a definite yes. I should have had those ordered for sure. Everyone one of mine was out, and I'm sure if they hadn't been, I would have needed at least a couple. those are going to be more of a pain to replace than the shocks because of getting the springs out of the way. Would have been easier to just have them ready. plus for the cost of bushings, you're not out anything to have them on the shelf for when they do go out. VS shocks that are ~$50 sitting around or being returned.

shocks don't look impossible - as long as they compress easy enough by hand I should be able to run the two nuts off and replace them. Worst part seems to be getting to the top stud but we will manage. It is crazy how much nicer it is to slide under my cart now with the lift and big tires
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote