View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Parasitic battery drain from ZEVA BMS

I don't charge my cart anymore after short runs. However, I walk past my cart several times a day and "peek" at the monitor. So, a few days ago I see a "WARNING" banner across the monitor. This warning was telling me that the LV on a cell or two was at the setting I told it to warn me at.

Now, I just can't recall what the pack voltage was when I last parked it......but it was about 52.0-V. When it gets to 42.0-V the warning "Will Rodgers" will go off. (Not really Will Rodgers....but as a kid I watched a lot of lost in space)

So, I plugged it in and after a full charge, I wrote down the voltage. Yesterday the pack voltage was 57.5. So today I looked at it and it was 57.4.

I'm going to keep a daily log of what the voltage is as since hunting season is over I won't use it a lot until the weather warms....or I decide to go coyote hunting.

Just posting to ask your thoughts on the parasitic drain. Does this seem reasonable?

BTW.....when I will be going away for a week or so, I plan on disconnecting the pack to avoid any BMS drain.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote