View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 01 Ez-go PDS 3/2 Beep code, Solenoid good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssloan63 View Post
As I expected. Thanks for the info! What's you opinion on a replacement controller? I want to keep the same basic configuration but it seems that the Alltrax dcx400 with a HD solenoid and 2ga cables would be a good solution. Opinion?

Thanks again for the reply.
A DCX400 in a PDS is a great combination, with a 36V battery pack, it'll do about 24MPH on stock height tires. (You can tone it down if you want, the DCX400 is user programmable.)

My first upgrade was 2Ga high current cables. Be sure to replace all 10 of them.
My second was a DCX400 and Super-Duty solenoid. I went with the Super-Duty (400A with a 48V coil) because I didn't know what voltage battery pack I would end up with and it works with at 36V, 42V and 48V, while the Heavy Duty (200A) is voltage specific and would have had to been replaced if I changed pack voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssloan63 View Post
Another question. In the short term, is running it like it is harmful to anything else? Like I said, as long as I flip the switch on and off it runs perfectly until the solenoid opens again.
Other than a long walk home if it fails when you are out and about, no other damage is likely.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote