View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Replacement of 48 v lead acid batteries with litiunm

Looked into this about a year ago and basically got similar results like Itsalljake, i.e., I won't live long enough for the economic payback. However, if less weight and the unique benefits of Lithium seem to work for you, I would suggest a complete evaluation of your system/lithium option by an expert. I live in CA and went to KTA Services (kta-ev.com) Worked with Wistar Rhoads - President. His company does electric car conversions and he knows 'everything' about Lithium for EVs and EVs. I think I paid him $ 160 for a complete look at my system and what Lithium would do for me. If you are going to spend the money on Lithium go to KTA and make the small investment (could be higher as I was going to have TA do the work if I went Lithium) for evaluation or find a similar expert in your area. I know drop-in Lithiums for golf carts are available, but I felt I didn't get enough info from these suppliers, and two wouldn't even talk to me (too small a project - 1 weird 42 volt cart ). I am going to wait for Lithium prices to come down or for what ever new tech may appear. For now, it is lead for my guns and my batteries.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote