View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: transaxle won't shift into forward or reverse

That's a good plain English explanation for how the two cable system works Sho. I am currently experimenting with mine to see if I can eliminate the stuck in gear issue I have. It sometimes jams in rev or fwd unless I shut it off. As soon I do that it immediately becomes shiftable (according to my spell checker shiftable is not actually a word, which means I can spell better than my computer. Hah!)

I got fed up with the sideways shifter so I re-positioned it and made a brace to hold it steady. My seats are separate so I had room for the shifter between them. It works really good but it didn't help with finding neutral when it's running.

Please excuse the goofy tire and wheel combo. It's temporary. I have ATV style Mudlite 26x12-12's tires for the back and 26x10-12's for the front. Haven't found the wheels I want yet. The body looks a little crappy right now too. The cart is coming apart for blasting, stripping and paint before the summer is over. Just want to get the shade tree engineering all done first.
army is offline   Reply With Quote