View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Actually I called in some favors to talk to people about this issue and I learned a few interesting things regarding the RXV.....

Yes, there is an issue with the RXV solenoids, but changing them out does seem to correct that issue.

There is also another issue related to the original RXV's that were released whereby the lights (factory installed to draw from 1 battery) can actually cause the cart to stop dead. It has something to do with the RXV Controller being hyper sensitive to the total pack voltage and when the lights are left on (or just used ALOT) they tend to kill that 1 battery and cause all kinds of havoc with the running of the cart.... This seems to have been resolved in later models where E-Z-GO now installs a voltage reducer that draws from the total pack.... Actually a really nice reducer if you ask me...

Also (and this one is REALLY important for used cart dealers as well as private owners), when E-Z-GO designed the software for this controller, they did so with Golf Courses in mind. What this means to the private user is that the cart was designed to basically shut down after about 12 miles worth of running. Considering the AC motor in this cart should do at least 30-40 miles on a charge, this is a huge OOPS on E-Z-GO's part (The Villages is the largest Golf Car Community in the world and those folks are spitting mad over this one....). On the good side, E-Z-GO has rewrote the software for the RXV for use in the private field, on the downside, you have to get a RXV MASTER TECH to install the software update (or have access to one of their diagnostic handheld tools and a VERY good friend that works for the company and is willing to get you the updated software).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote