View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: ezgo 350 oil pressure prime

If nothing else works I will pull the motor back out (again) and check that, but I don't think that's it. I'm just grasping at straws, but I would have to imagine if an o ring was completely missing then it wouldn't build pressure at all. It did, and ran great for 2 laps around my yard (just over a mile) and was perfect. I stopped, just long enough to take the trash can out of the back and have my son get on. When I started again and my test light wouldn't shut off so I parked it and took him for a ride in one of my other carts.

I want to make sure i'm priming it correctly, and didn't have an air pocket somewhere i'm missing. I have searched until my eyes cross and I can't find anything definitive saying exactly HOW is the best way to prime the oil pump.

Worst case if I can't figure it out by this weekend i'll order a new oil pump cover, oil filter, and hope that takes care of it when I get back. I'd still like to try and prime it again just to make sure.

If someone that's rebuilt a bunch of these motors can give me a good description of exactly what to do, or even some pictures, I'd like to create a detailed "how to" post so the next poor schmuck doesn't spend days searching for it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote