View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default ezgo 350 oil pressure prime

I've searched, and found a ton of threads saying to apply vacuum to a nipple near where the valve cover meets the head, but I can't find anything.

I just rebuilt my 350. Runs spectacular, no more smoke. But I can't seem to get it to hold prime on the oil pump. I replaced the o-ring with a nice fat new one on the oil pump cover. I can pour some oil in where the oil pressure sensor mounts, and it will prime and light will go off, sprays oil all over the place in the head. so I know all the oil passages are clear. And i can run/drive (lightly until the rings seat) and light is off. but if I stop for a minute, and start the oil pressure light may be on. Stop again and go again and the light will shut off. I drove it a good 20 minutes and the light didn't turn on once while driving. But then I stopped and now it doesn't seem to want to turn off.

I'm using a test light run from the B+ terminal to the sensor itself to eliminate potential for bad wiring. The light in the dash doesn't appear to work at all.

IS there a way to test the sensor by itself to make sure it just isn't shorted? I'd rather not roll the dice and damage the head/cam. IT already tried to do that to me once...

Is there a better way to prime the 350 besides messily pouring oil into the pressure sensor hole? Mine is a 2007 MCI engine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote