View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 01:13 AM   #8
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 CC Precedent Upgrade recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannvel View Post
So I purchased a 2013 Precedent with a 6Inch lift kit and 23 inch tires.

The car goes about 15-17mph (Phone GPS) but slows down to 10-11 in hills.
as I read here looks like in order to get speed (25mph ideally) and the torque to get up the hills quickly I need to upgrade the motor, controller, solinoid and wiring set.

I Upgraded to the MadJax 600amp with on the fly programmer and notice some pep but nothing to write home about, or justify the expense.

Everything else is stock.

I am spending some money on a H/D solinoid and some 2gage wiring kits.

Should I have invested in a motor first..? or is there no other way to do what I am trying to do now..?
With larger tires like that, you always want to upgrade your controller first. The last thing you want to do is install a speed motor.

First things first is to ensure you have a healthy battery pack, it doesn't matter what performance upgrades you have if your battery pack is no good you won't have any performance.

We have used just about every controller/motor package for the Precedent, and we are not impressed with the Madjax controller.

Feel free to touch base with us and we would be happy to provide some un biased results for the Precedent.

But you are on the right track with cables, controller...just stay away from speed motors with the big tires.
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote