View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default My New Harley Buggy

Hello all, I'm new to the Harley section here but am an old head on the Ezgo side. I friend was selling this Harley, to me they are so unique and such a classic I couldn't pass it up for the price. I have a nice older Ezgo (avatar pic) and really don't need a second buggy but decided I do need a winter project lol, The body and upholstery are in great shape as the pics show......

The problem is (and the reason he sold it) it runs terrible, it falls flat on it's butt anything over 1/4 throttle. Smokes badly and won't go over 6mph lol, sounds like it's bobbling and won't rev up. He did a top end, carb, points, drive clutch and new battery.......

Of course all of those repairs don't really mean anything as it still doesn't run right, the first thing I'll do is a compression test and go from there. I suspect crankshaft seals, check points/timing etc. Is there anything else I should be aware of with these engines? I see reed valves are still available (unlike my Ezgo), I'll look into that also.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190930_191226.jpg (291.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 20191001_120626.jpeg (182.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191001_120711.jpg (362.3 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote