View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
BlackKnight755
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT very hard to start

My 2013 Ezgo TXT Valor has a Kawasaki engine and is very hard to start. The only way that it will start is mash the gas pedal JUST until the engine starts to turn and give it just a tiny bit more gas. It will spit and sputter a few times when it tries to start then finally it will go. To begin with it will not take any acceleration, you have to just keep easing the gas to it. When it does finally crank and start going its smooth sailing. No spits or sputters while under power. I checked the spark and it is weak. I don't have a reference other than like a lawnmower and its MUCH weaker than a small engine on the lawnmower (5 horse briggs).

It seems that it gets much worse in the winter and of course on cooler mornings. Never been a problem in the cold. If anything just a quick choke pull and its going great. It will backfire sometimes if its pretty cool and the choke has been used.

I have also noticed that it loses power (more than normal loss) going up a hill. It has never been a powerhouse but it never lost power as easy as it does now.

I know that the coil/ electronic ignition system may be going bad but I'd think that it would spit and sputter some under power if that was the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, BK
BlackKnight755 is offline   Reply With Quote