View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #8
CubmasterJosh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to build a $650 killer 460

Total cart newb here.

I've been reading and researching here a lot lately.

I've got a project in the works. I have a donor 2001 Ezgo TXT gas cart. (2001.5 and up 4 bolt steering style)

I am missing a bunch of trinkets for suspension but I've got a line on a 4 bolt style rolling chassis electric cart.

I haven't come to any decision on exact motor yet. 460 seems most bang for buck.

625 seems ideal for torque and good charging without s/g. But I have a s/g

I have seen a few vtwins for sale at semi reasonable prices

I also have a G16 cart with rusted out frame rails but the swing arm is in great shape so I am planning to use that to fab my own cradle.

I am still collecting parts for this build

Going to do a 6" lift and run the 22" tires I got with the ezgo.

I think I have recently discovered my rear end has high speed gears in it. I marked the brake drum and rotating the driven clutch about 6 5/8 turns makes the brake drum complete one rotation. Guessing that mean 6:1 in the rear end ?

Now I am not necessarily wanting to build a beast mode cart. I have a 10 and 8 year old that I want to be able to tool around on it.

Strictly a neighborhood cruiser at this point. No hills around here in Florida

I am curious what you experienced folks would do in my shoes. My gut tells me I'd be fine putting a Predator in this and running it stock with governor. My brain says predator is a waste of money when the 460 is $400

The other side of my gut says go with a 625 and have a cart that does wheelies and 50 mph (or whatever ridiculous top end should be)

Funds are always an issue, lol. I could save up and manage a 625 and a new clutch though I think.

Running a 460 stock with a s/g seems like the most reasonable thing.

Appreciate any input y'all may have on choosing a motor.

-Josh
CubmasterJosh is offline   Reply With Quote