View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #21
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Kubota D782 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
I used these for my engine mounts, df-100 marine mounts. You’re probably gonna want isolated mounts or you’re going to feel that diesel deep in your bones. Is cutting the mounts off the mower and utilizing them on the cart not an option? I would rob everything I could from the mower. Air cleaner, motor mounts, radiator mounts, fuel/water separator, etc.
I have robbed every single piece from the mower that I could. I do have isolater mounts, though the OEM Kubota ones are a little taller then I would prefer.

OEM Kubota ones pictured here:
Kubota-Rubber-Isolater.jpg

Original rubber isolators from stock Kohler engine:
Rubber-Isolater-1.jpg

Comparison of the two rubber isolaters:
Rubber-Isolater-Comparison.jpg

I used to drive this lawn tractor quite frequently and surprisingly there is not that much vibration in it's stock form. Now that I have modified how it will mount in this cart, who knows. Hoping the rubber mounts I have will suffice.

The radiator... that is the next big hurdle I have to tackle. I need sufficient air flow... I do have the original mounts from the mower, that I can re-use.
I know it's going to be a tight squeeze. I am going to have to cut off one of the support arms that mounts from the top of the rear frame and relocate it. To be honest, I am not sure if this will affect anything like support or side to side movement.

In the picture circled in green are the original mount locations, the bottom of that bar will move to the location circled in blue. The upper mount will remain in the same position, once I cut it off and re-weld.
I will have to check tire clearance etc. Once I relocate that bar, the radiator will be in that little nook above the jack stand.
Support-Arm-Move-4-Radiator.jpg

I will also have to relocate the 'swing arm' or 'stabilizer bar', whatever it is called and I have no idea yet where I am going with it. Maybe under the frame? I am open to suggestions/ideas.
Relocate-Sway-Bar.jpg
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote