View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
yetti96
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: when does the lite come on 2002 Ds

I accidentally ran my pack way way too low last week and the light never came on, and it should have. Something happened and the cart was used for a few days, every day and got plugged in but the cart never charged (not the point of this post). We were out for a ride, went to the dog park (with the dogs) and were going to go to the end of the neighborhood. We got about 1/2 the way to our turn-around and I thought the cart was feeling lethargic and the lights dimmed a bit when the accelerator was pressed. Thinking I was crazy we pushed on. Once my wife confirmed I wasn't crazy we were now 4 miles from home. No way to get back other than to drive and see how it goes. I know the 50% rule and had a range calculated that I could drive but I had also assumed the past 3 days of trips around town were followed up with a healthy recharge.

Sounds like I need to get a battery meter and wait to leave the garage, so that I can hear the charger kick on.

But moral of the story the cart barely made it back (I got off with the dogs and the wife drove back, less weight) and the light never came on even though I basically killed the batteries.
yetti96 is offline   Reply With Quote