View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Ruff and tuff 48v need help wiring forward/reverse rocker switch

Yeah in my case I bypassed what was left of the original harness. Sorry but all I can suggest is good luck!

Some of the wires oftentimes go to a lamp inside the switch too. That's probably the extra two wires that make it 8. two for an LED indicator, three for the actual circuit, three others for relays.

After I was done with ours, the car had literally six solenoids; four for forward/reverse switching electronically, one for low speed, and another for high speed. I re-used the original switch for F/N/R but didn't care for the relay, or LED indicator, just the switching. I re-used one the 'extra slots' for a high/low speed to control the speed switching solenoids. The idea was to get the car running, as inexpensive as possible. I wasn't going to find the controller anywhere, the company no longer exists except to make cheap back seat kits, and I can't read or translate Chinese (all the controller had on it).

I managed to make a two-speed resistor car, with working headlights. the radar scope (We had this car before in the past in fully-working order, this thing actually has some sort of radar that can guesstimate what animals are nearby similar to how a metal detector guesses if what it senses is a coin, pull tab, can, etc) was not going to work at any cost nor was the locking rear or the 4x4 system and no harnesses seem to exist.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote