View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Used Drive2 Quietech

Hmm, $4k for a fleet cart might be a smokin' deal, but $5k might be good for a "optioned up PTV". Real Yamaha Drive 2 PTVs come with real factory lights, and a better gear ratio for speed (about 9.7:1 ratio) can do 25 mph without changing any parts. (But making that adjustment would technically void any warranty). No "speed springs" or other lame party tricks needed. A regular "$4k fleet cart" can't offer that. The "region & locale" part is 100% true. We sell about 15-20% gas carts, more electrics, so when it's time for trade-in, or buying used, a gas cart can sometimes get more money, there's less of them around. While 80% of our "buying new" customers may turn their nose up to the idea of the gas cart, our used gas carts generally don't stick around too long. Funny how that works! (The used gas cart doesn't need $900 worth of new batteries fit in the deal, almost every electric trade in could use new ones). Our used electrics either have 90 day warranty on the batteries, or "as-is" on the batteries, depending on the deal (clearly stated to the buyer in advance, of course, if they declined the price required for a new set). All I'm saying is that the local market tastes dictates prices. Some places it's all electric, no demands for much gas carts. Some places it's most gas, and used electrics are dirt cheap. Some places the market varies for new vs used for the type you prefer (and what's currently available).
One thing that's significantly changed since I started in this industry is that a lot of picky HOAs & courses now refuse access to gas carts to their neighborhoods & courses entirely. If you don't live their EV lifestyle..You can pound sand? That will continue to hurt gas availability in the future, in the new & used market. They usually say "leaking oil", or some BS, because I bet battery acid is better for their grass & pathways.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote