View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Pack-Should I start shopping?

Do you use the cart for fall hunting season? I'd probably run it as is for the rest of the season and look into some new batteries in the spring. Depending how much you use it you may get another year of use out of that pack, but those are getting pretty tired. They're not exact, but close enough in balance that they should be OK at least for a little while longer if they make it through the cold season.

Keep an eye on those three with the lower voltage. If any of them start to drop into the sub 7v range under load they would probably need to be swapped out pretty soon. A used battery or two might limp the rest of the pack along for a little while longer until you figure out which way you want to go with the lithium setup.

I've had two packs this year that were border line like that at the beginning of the summer. Resting around 8.3 - 8.4V, and around 7.4-7.7v under load. Three of the batteries started dropping into the upper 6V range after about 2 months of almost every day use.
One of those pretty quickly went from normal rest voltage, to resting at only about 7V. Under load it fell flat to about 1v.
The other two basically would still rest at around 8.3V, but would drop to 5.5 or so under load. I just swapped them around with some used batteries I have here at the shop. Already put new packs in 2 carts earlier this year, and I wanted these two to last through the end of our season. One of those carts may not make the cut for next year anyway. Poor things have been ragged on pretty hard for 22 years. At some point the frames just fatigue to the point they're not able to safely be used anymore.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote