View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Precedent Wrecker (Tow truck conversion)

I’m new to the golf car industry, but I did plenty of research before purchasing a fleet of Club Car i2 Precedents. They will be complimentary for guests staying at my B&B on the Island of Put-in-Bay. The carts are all 2013 48 volt i2’s with the Excel drive system. I’m doing a full frame-off restoration and I’m currently working on thirteen of them, (picture attached)

Since this vacation destination is famous for its wineries, most of my guests drive drunk. There’s lots of accidents which require towing carts back home, so I’d like to convert one of the Precedents into a salvage wrecker with a forward winch and a rear tow-bed.

The problem: I’m a one-man-operation. How can I safely tow a Precedent home using another Precedent without someone steering/braking the disabled cart? I’ve seen permanent tow bars for EZGo’s and Club Car DS models, but not for the Precedent. Plan (B) was to bolt on a mini tow-bed conversion kit, but it seems nothing like that exists.

I don’t need to tow carts at high speed, but I do need to go around corners and stop at intersections. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7A9108C4-1D48-4431-87F6-EF287E475286.jpg (25.0 KB, 0 views)
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote