View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
aft_cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Unusual light behavior after adding ultimate upgrade kit to '12 precedent

I tested the rocker switch further this morning. Everything is connected according to the directions. I double checked the connections with a multimeter and the load/supply/earth connections are right. I swapped out the rocker switch with the one that came with the light kit and the LED on that one lights up when the switch is on, so I'm guessing I just got a switch with a bad LED in it. The functionality of the front light when using the brake is the same with both switches installed.

As for the headlight wire you're referring to... I'm assuming you're talking about the one from step 4 of this manual?
EDIT: it won't let me post links. If you google the madjax manuals page and look at the manual for : 02-032_LED-Light-Bar_CC-Precedent_Manual.pdf you'll see what I'm referring to

It's connected to itself by default, which I believe is so that it turns on with the headlight. I don't want to run DRL on the cart, so would prefer they are only on when the headlights are on. I tested the brake while that was plugged in and disconnected. Even while disconnected the bottom row of LEDs will illuminate when the brake is depressed.

Any suggestions on where else to look? There aren't many places to make connections when adding this kit. The 9-pin connector from the upgrade kit only connects to the existing madjax light kit one way. The only other connections that you make are the rocker switch, a jumper connecting 2 cables from the original light kit, and wire from the old light kit to the new harness, and the brake pads to the 2 wires from the bucket harness. That connection had 1 male and 1 female connector so there was no way to get them backwards (unless they're backwards from the factory).
aft_cart is offline   Reply With Quote