View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Digital Voltmeter Display Installed

Ever since I really tested the Digital LED Light Meter I installed a while back I was disappointed in the fluctuations of the lights and the fact that I didn’t have a true reading of where my battery pack was really at. During the testing I constantly had a voltmeter attached to show the readings while in use. Of course it to had voltages up and down while driving around but once stopped it settled down to give an accurate reading in DC Volts instead of Lights. Bottom line I felt it was time to research dc digital voltmeter displays and prices. On Buggies Unlimited they had one for $79 plus shipping. On eBay I purchased this one for $20.45 delivered. Once hooked up it was off by 2 volts compared to my digital meter but I found a small adjustment screw in the back that put the new digital display right on the money. In the pictures the voltage shows 52.2 but that’s because I just got done charging the pack and it hasn’t settled down to the normal 51.3. Very easy to install using four wires, 2 of which I combined for ground, 1 for sensing the actual pack, up to 200 volts DC and the other connected to 12 volt positive to light up the display, (works with voltages between 6-15 vdc.) I also added a toggle switch that controls the 12 volts to the display as well as the accessory port that I previously installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0932.jpg (69.0 KB, 467 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0934.jpg (86.3 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0936.jpg (66.2 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0937.jpg (83.0 KB, 392 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote