View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is this meter telling me exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I don't think the meter alone would draw enough current to pull the battery down that quickly, IF the meter IS connected across that aux. battery as suspected. You need to examine the wiring more closely to see what you have there. Something else may be draining the battery (I see quite a few other circuits there !!) RAY
I'll disagree. Though my experience is a little different. I work on ATR 42/72 aircraft and there are 4 huge ways to drain the batteries. Besides leaving a couple doors open, the most common error people do is leave the voltage rotary switch to show either main or emergency battery power. It seems that leaving the switch to either "Main" or "Emergency" will run either of those batteries down enough so I can't do an engine start. I suspect the reason might be because the rotary selector is pulling a relay that pulls another relay that pulls another relay.

Regardless. A volt meter left on a pack without it being recharged will drain the pack faster than if it didn't have the meter.

I kinda forgot the point of all this after all my rambling.

Good Day.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote