View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
scoobiedoo2029
Not Yet Wild

Default taylor dunn controler problems? slow movment

i have built an electric go kart out of a taylor dunn sc1-59 similar to this:

i had everything working great but ive experienced a problem that the go kart is much much slower then it was to start with, to the point that it has become hard to climb small inclines when previously it would not even notice them. at first i thought i damaged the throttle and i did damage the plastic cam that actuated the switches inside the throttle was cracked but i have since repaired that with epoxy, and i am getting the specified 6.5 to 10+ volts as pin#2 on the controller for throttle input. so while my throttle may not be perfect it is functional.

i also took the back cover off the motor to inspect the brushes and all appears well inside the motor and the bearings seem fine. and all solenoids function normal it seems. i have 3 solenoids, the contactor and im guessing foreword and reverse. i have the same speed in foreword and reverse.

i was told by a golf cart rebuilder to jump the b- and m- on the controller to simulate full throttle and doing so resulted in the same slow speed as i get with the throttle hooked up, i know there is more information i could be posting but im unsure of what i might be leaving out. but id really appreciate some input as im looking at replacing the entire system motor/controller and all for much more then im willing to spend. a 5-10 mph go kart is rather worthless with it would do 25mph previously.
scoobiedoo2029 is offline   Reply With Quote