View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Using stock clutch on clone

Have to move the motor. I think the hd kevlar belt is 1.25 also it wants to drag. However if you got a new belt they are sticky for a while so don't go crazy until you get a couple hours on it. I know the 1.25 belt fits a worn clutch pretty nice better than stock, but a new primary may not like it I can't run it on my new 94c. In fact I ended up having to move the motor it needed a shorter belt than the stock G9 clutch.

The only other thing you can do it make a spacer to go in the secondary to keep the sheaves apart just a tiny bit, but I don't recommend. I did it because I have a cut sheave and had problems and wanted to know if that affected it, so I made a nylon washer to go in there and return it to stock width. It worked, then took it back out once I figured it all out. But you will lose your lowest gearing if you do that, a cut sheave gives a lower initial gear for towing and take off by letting them closer together....and also tightens the belt a little because it sticks out the top of the sheaves. A 1.25 belt does it a little also, but also affects your primary as you see.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote