View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
mike77z
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 G1 Runs fine low speed , high speed run for a mile then fall on its face

Well a customer dropped this cart off to me in boxes last week and i got it moving and he took it home on Friday. Today he brought it back to me complaining of the mentioned problems.

As I'm a heavy equipment mechanic i have limited experience with these carts. I removed and cleaned the carb blew out all passages etc , checked needle and seat, float level , fuel flow from the pump , oil pump , crank seals ( with the rudimentary carb spray on the seals ) , Electrical seems all good ( noticed in another post someone having the same problem lost a electrical connection to the mag ) Needle is 1.5 turns out off the seat. New plug and its not smoking much compression is 125

Governor is still hooked up but the linkage to the exhaust valve is gone , going to check to make sure its not causing the issue as it is just flapping in the breeze. I'll remove the butterflies tomorrow if they are still there.

Thanks Mike

PS Any help is appreciated as hes hoping to take it home on friday again for the weekend
mike77z is offline   Reply With Quote