View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

Angry SEVERE Negative Camber (Toe?) After Front Bushing & Shocks Replacement

My 2010 Precedent with 6 inch Rhox lift kit, 14 inch wheels and 23 inch AT tires has been driving fine for a long time but recently noticed the steering getting harder and harder to turn until finally there was a hard clunk when turning.

I researched the board here and ordered a full replacement set of front bushings and 2 new shocks.

Upon inspection, sure enough my lower spring bushings were shot, completely gone. Other bushings not that bad.

I put the cart on jack stands, removed the wheels, installed all 12 new front bushings on the lower spring and the A arms wheel side and frame side. I removed the headlight and unbolted the entire tie rod assembly as a unit just so I could get the A arm frame side bolts out but then rebolted it back exactly as it was. Finally I bolted all bolts up back up tight. Now take a look! Its worse than when I started!

The attached pics you see are with the steering wheel turned straight ahead. I have EXTREME negative camber. Its like the front wheels are turning out against the cart. How can replacing simple bushings/shocks result in this?

A couple of questions:

1. Do ALL bolts get tightened in the front suspension including shock mount bolts? (I did tighten every bolt)

2. I know the front spring on Club Cars can be camber adjusted but from what I understand the spring just slides left or right. Will this help my situation?

3. I checked all parts and see nothing bent or out of order.

4. Could I have put the A arms back in wrong, screwed something up by removing/rebolting the tie rod assembly, or done something just absolutely stupid that I have missed?

5. Is this toe related at all? Not sure.

I'm at a loss to fix this. Cart is driving like a clown car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Wheel Camber Problem 01.jpg (108.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Wheel Camber Problem 02.jpg (182.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Wheel Camber Problem 03.jpg (166.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Wheel Camber Problem 04.jpg (156.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Wheel Camber Problem 05.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
bburke30152 is offline   Reply With Quote