View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Modifying 72v Express L6 Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
1. Bob is the man. I have also been helped by him and have talked with him about the L6 and other 72 volt carts. The problem that has now shown up is now that folks have figured out how to get into and tweak the older controller Curtis has now changed its software configuration in the new carts and you need special hardware to make changes. I am pretty sure Bob will figure this out but doubt he will publish how for multiple reasons. People being too open with sensitive information is why we are back to where we are. I am sure if you decide to pull the trigger he would be able to help you out with at least the basics by mail and someone with a handheld could help you tweak it once you get it back.
The problem with that is... the controller must be kept powered once unlocked and while reprogramming. Powering it down relocks the controller without writing the changes. With the changes made to the software in the new controllers that are in these new carts, the older method of high level programming no longer works... I had to set up my programming station laptop with a different interface to be able to reprogram these newer controllers.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote