View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
fender6l6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rxv low speed gears

I want a low speed gear set for my 2009 RXV to restore the torque Ive lost after adding 23" tires.Ive contacted every online cart supply looking for one.Heres what I came up with.The RXV electric has a ratio of 16.99 to 1.There are higher speed gears sets out there with ratios starting at 13.6 to 1 and down.Ive spoken with everyone from the folks at Textron to Dana to Apache gears (Apache gears in Arizona manufactures the high speed gear sets sold by Buggies Unlimited).Nobody makes it , with this exception.The Textron family has a division called Jacobsen.Jacobsen makes whats called a greens mower.The "Eclipse 322" is a 48 volt mower with a dana (RXV) style differential with a gear ratio of 19.63 to 1.Perfect for restoring RXV back to original torque specs.Jacobsen only offers that set as a whole axle assembly for $2000.Schaffer manufactures the gears but will not sell to individuals and said I would have to go through Jacobsen.Please help.I need cart to perform like stock with 23" tires.No motor changing or controllers or monster wire changes,only mechanical leverage.
fender6l6 is offline   Reply With Quote