View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Joining this thread as I'm considering buying a 72v L6 this weekend.

BobBoyce, I'm intrigued by your knowledge. Do you know anyone in the Florida area who you would recommend to reprogram the EV controller?

I'm programer myself and consider myself to quite savvy with anything technical, electrical or mechanical. Is this something that can be easily done myself with the right harness/software?
As LukeL mentioned, the programmer required for those particular controllers is unique. Not even the hacked programmers that we developed can do it because Curtis has developed countermeasures in the new controller OS to detect and prevent a hacked programmer from communicating with it. It takes an original Curtis programmer, but at the highest acces level of a hacked one. I still have the Curtis one that I bought, and I reflashed it to the highest access level. As far as I know, I'm the only one outside of Curtis that has one of these. I also have a custom programmed Curtis handset that I use with them. I do make programming trips from time to time. It takes about 2 hours to reprogram and tweak both modes of the controller used in these carts.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote