View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 03:28 AM   #2
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Default Re: clutch noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod345 View Post
i have a comet 780 clutch and it makes a squeeling noise at idle it is not the belt, rev the motor and it stops, it sounds like a bad beering, even does it in nutral, the darn thing is new
There really isn't anything to be making a squealing noise at idle in a comet 780 clutch. Everything is rotating at the same pace, nothing is stopped. The weights and arms are at rest spinning along with the rest of the clutch. There really isn't anything there to cause this. I've had my new 780 apart two times changing weights and springs and like I said there is nothing that is rotating at a different speed than the rest of it at anytime. Its all rotating together. The only thing that could be squealing would be the belt rubbing along the center shaft because it is too tight. To cure that loosen the belt up a tad.

Keep us or me at least up to speed on this as I'm interested in what the problem is.

I wish I'd have taken pictures when I was changing the weights and springs in mine to show you there is nothing there to make a squealing noise. The only thing can be the belt squealing along the center shaft and if that is the case then as soon as you speed up the engine and the clutch starts squeezing the belt making it ride up in the sheaves the squealing will stop as the belt is no longer in contact with the center shaft
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote