Thread: Bms stopped
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #9
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bms stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Zeva has a maximum time the balancing shunt is active once the cell is over the set value.

You should not set the "Balancing Voltage" lower than the "Charge Voltage" as it causes many shunts to be active at the same time, produces heat and has not practical benefit.

Whatever the "Charge Voltage" is, divide it by the number of cells and round it up to come up with the proper 'Balance Voltage".

If Your charger is set for 53.8v, the balance should be 53.8v/14 cells= 4.15v

That is pretty high and it may not allow enough "headroom" between that value and 'Max Cell' voltage for the BMS to properly balance the pack.

If You keep hitting a "High Cell" condition during the charge, the best way to handle it is to lower both the "Charging Voltage" and the "Balancing Voltage" until the cells get balanced.

If You lower the charger voltage to 57v and the "Balancing Voltage" to 4.08v, that will allow more room for highs cell to balance while the lower cells are not up to the "average" charging voltage yet.

That is also the preferred setting if You are using Regen brake as it allows the pack to go above the "Charging Voltage" without triggering a high cell event in case you use the Regen brake on a fully charged pack.
I took a look and some how the charger went up.to 58.9v. I know i set it to 58.3v. Lowered it down to 57.9-58v. Set max voltage to 4.14 and balance voltage at 4.13. Is this good or what should i change. Thx drew

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote