Thread: Bms stopped
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bms stopped

I don't have my Zeva manual with me but I'm pretty sure the Max Charge only comes into play when you're using a CAN Bus controlled charger such as the Elcon TC otherwise it has no impact on voltage.

I have had the same issue a few times on both of my carts and plan to address it when I get back to Florida in October. It looks like we've both got simular setups and chargers.

I'm pretty sure that the issue is that just we're charging too close to our Max V setting. I have watched as one or two cells will be just a hair higher than the rest at the very end of the charge cycle, during balancing, when it triggers the cell over voltage protection.

Your charger is probably actually charging to the high side of 58.4 and one of the cells is getting high enough to trigger an Over-voltage event. Once the BMS has finished balancing it has bleed off enough voltage to read 58.2v...

I was talking with Gary about our chargers a couple of months ago and he was telling me that there's three potentiometers inside and one controls the output voltage. Simply put your multi-meter on the output and tweak ccw on the pot until the desired output voltage is reached. I am planning to adjust my charger down a hair to around 58v / 4.14. If you look at the discharge chart your not loosing any significant capacity at that voltage, your stressing the cells less and significantly reducing the chances of overcharging.

With my charger set for 58/4.14v I'll probably have my Zeva settings around:
Max V: 4.17
Bal V: 4.12
Charge V: not applicable for our chargers.

We'll see what I end up with when I get back. Good luckLEAF DISCHARGE GRAPH.pdf

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote