View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Do I Have A Brake Problem?

OOPs - I am reveling my lack of knowledge again. :) But I'm a fast learner. They are stock 18" tires - so 8" wheels. :) And, knowing there are no front brakes confirms what I am experiencing. (never to old to learn)

So, if anybody is still with me, and based on the info and suggestions you all have been nice enough to offer.......

The cart I just sold to the dealer for parts (and the only cart I have to compare my experiences with) was an EZGO as well - but it was something like an RVX, was 48 volt, and had that auto brake when stopped feature. And it apparently had regen braking, because it wouldn't take off going downhill. Stock wheels and tires. Buts that's all I know about it at this point.

So ---
1) Is there any chance I should try and buy back my old controller? Or does the voltage and auto brake feature make it inappropriate for my needs?
2) Buying a "good" controller, and using it for a newer cart when one becomes available, sounds like a plan. If I purchase a new one, what should I consider? Is getting a DCX the only thing to worry about? And if I can find a used one, is that something to risk - and again, what should I look for - or look out for?
3) Am I making too big of a deal out of this? I can live with going ultra-slow downhill, while leaning on the brakes. But will my fear that I will be burning through brakes on a regular basis turn into reality? And would a new controller help enough in that regard to be worthwhile anyway?
4) I was told from the dealer, who sold this cart used to the guy I bought it from, that it had regen braking. Is it possible it is just turned off (and I could turn on), or broken? Is there any way to check or confirm (without contacting Alltrax) ? I can't imagine, with the way it feels, that there is any regen going on at all.
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote