View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Hotrod-Realtor
Not Yet Wild

Default Can't decide what to build

I have some ideas of what I want the final cart to look like but have no experience building carts. So I thought I would start a thread to get input from the experts here.

I love forums because it brings so many interesting people together that focus on a specific subject, golf carts as an example. I belong to another forum CTSVOwners.com. There I was able to put together a well thought out build on my car that turned out very well with no trial and error. I hope to get advice here to build a cool cart.

I plan to use the cart at a house we just bought in a country club. Main duties will be driving around the neighborhood on the roads, driving on cart paths and using it when golfing. I don't need to haul mulch or go hunting.

I like the look and function of an air suspension that would go from regular comfortable ride height to slammed on the ground when parked outside of the club house. I'm not looking for a lifted cart with knobby tires.

Wheels and tires will be a pretty important item. Large rims with thinner tires that will fit inside the wheel wells is what I'm thinking.

Stock speed has to be bumped up. Not looking for smokey burnouts and instant acceleration, just looking for a great top speed at a reasonable price. At this point I really don't have a preference on gas or electric. The little digging around that I've done seems like hopping up electric can get pricey once you go beyond minor mods.

If gas makes more sense then a quiet engine is desired. Ease of modifying and cost to do so is important.

Budget wise I'm okay with buying a newer cart and then modding from there but if I could accomplish what I'm after for less, that would be awesome. The way I view the cart is it's an asset. The newer and nicer it is the more it would be worth and I'm okay to spend more because it will be valued more when I go to sell. That said I have no intention of buying a brand new one to tear apart foolishly wasting money.

So I'm super excited to hear what you guys suggest for which cart to buy, what suspension to purchase, how to make it faster and where to get a cool set of wheels and tires. Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Warren
Hotrod-Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote