View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default 2009 RXV: DC Bus High, Software Detected

I've never been able to properly diagnose this one other than 'toss in new controller and hope for the best.

The condition seems impossible given 48V batteries. Code claims the DC volts went like above 72 volts. Book says this issue is uncommon (well, EZGO it's far more common than you'd admit, This makes #3 this year) and what happens is the car locks up and tosses driver off. Typical RXV error behavior. This last one we put a new controller in and it worked out but I despise guessing!

The book says to check all cables, wiring, and power resistor which always checks out. You might drive a minute or days before the issue comes back. Nothing in the handheld live data suggests even the regen could show that high a reading. I can understand DC Bus LOW but not HIGH. HIGH is an impossible condition even if you floored it down a 6% grade with the brake OFF the car.

I finally got an oscilloscope (which saved me already, we had one come in experiencing the symptoms of motor encoder failure which ended up passing thanks to this tool, and was the throttle sensor in the pedal group so it's paid for itself already) so is there a way to use this tool to diagnose this error more accurately or is tossing in new controller the standard operating procedure here?
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote